Make A Grass-Roots Difference
Learn the benefits of internships with the Republican Party of Cuyahoga County.
As an RPCC intern, you will be involved in various elements of the political process at the local, state, and federal levels. This involvement includes contributing to and participating in Party operations, working with elected officials and candidates, and performing occasional clerical duties. By the end of your internship, you will have learned, developed, and reinforced many skills and abilities that are critical to a career in local government and/or politics.
The RPCC internship is unpaid. You will receive a letter a recommendation from the Republican Party of Cuyahoga County upon successful completion of the internship. Students who are completing an internship for course credit are also welcome.
|RPCC Internship Application (Download)|
Roles & Responsibilities Of An RPCC Intern
Contributing To And Participating In Projects
During your internship, you will play an important role in the making sure projects are completed successfully. Depending on your skill and experience, you can be involved in the following areas:
- Membership: Aid in the recruitment of RPCC members and assist with membership events.
- Communications: Create content for RPCC social media and email blasts, work on press releases and assist at occasional press events.
- Events: Assist in the planning and execution of RPCC signature events.
- Committee Work: Support the work of RPCC standing and ad hoc committees, including Candidate Screening, Platform, & Judicial.
You will also have the opportunity to work closely with campaigns ranging from City Council to Governor, US Senate, and President. Cuyahoga is a true political battleground, therefore there is always work to be done! Work in the political arena could include:
- Grassroots Campaigning: Depending on the time of year, candidates will need various grassroots tasks accomplished—gathering signatures, door-to-door, phone banking, attending community events, etc.
- Research/Voter Targeting: Typical research includes obtaining background information on candidates and their positions, as well as data work to target voters. This data entry allows us to organize and analyze information, and then share that info with grassroots leaders, including members of our Central Committee.
- Candidate Events: Volunteering at events is one of the most exciting parts of political work and usually affords the chance to meet the candidate.
Working With Elected Officials And Candidates
During your internship, you will have the opportunity to meet elected officials and candidates. Examples of the types of activities that you will help them with include the following:
- Campaigning. This may include anything from gathering signatures to get them on the ballot to helping produce or distribute literature.
- Researching information. Typical research includes obtaining information about candidates and their electorate.
- Entering and organizing data. Data entry allows us to organize and analyze information, and then share that information within the party.
Benefits Of Being An RPCC Intern
As an RPCC intern, we can offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable “on the job” training.
- Get a peek into the world of campaigning and local politics.
- Work with fellow Republicans and meet candidates or elected officials.
- Make your intern schedule work around your school and/or work schedule.
- Apply your skill set in a way that reflects you academic background.
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-paced work environment.
- Have a front row seat as the 2016 RNC Convention gets ready to come to Cleveland!
For more information or questions on becoming an RPCC intern, please CONTACT US.